Fees charged for services provided by Bess home & community care Inc. are determined by the Board of Governance in line with the HACC Safeguards Policy and reviewed annually.
The Board of Governance of Bess home & community care Inc. recognises that many HACC clients have a limited capacity to pay for services; however, the payment of a fee for service by clients who have the capacity to pay is endorsed. People who are assessed as being in need of a service are eligible to receive the service, regardless of their capacity to pay.
Any revenue from fees are used to enhance and expand the provision of HACC services so that more clients have access to them.
Payment of Fees
All clients are informed of the fees for all services at the time of assessment or introduction of the service. Clients are also advised of any proposed variation to fees which may affect them.
In charging fees for services the following principles will apply:
- Payment of a fee for service will be sought from clients who are assessed as having the capacity to pay
- Home delivery meal service the full cost of the meal will be charged to clients. There will be no fee for delivery
- where a client has been assessed as not having the capacity to pay, the fee can be reduced or waived
Capacity to Pay
In assessing clients’ ability to pay for services the following will apply:
- information is obtained from each new client as to their source and level of income and any other HACC services they are currently receiving and paying for the assessment is based on the client’s own declaration of their income using the HACC Confidential Fees Assessment form
- details of expenditure or sighting of bank books etc. is not required
- information obtained about a client’s income will be treated as private and confidential
- in cases of hardship or where clients request assistance, the fee can be waived. Clients are advised and reassured that services will not be refused or withdrawn if they are unable to pay the fee
The forms used to assess client income levels and their capacity to pay, are the Confidential Income Assessment Form and the Confidential Fee Reduction Form.
Scale of Fees
The following fees are charged by Bess home & community care Inc. For HACC Eligble Clients
- Domestic Assistance/Personal Care/Respite/Other Food services (level 1) $8.00 per hour
- Domestic Assistance/Personal Care/Respite/Other Food services (level 2) $11.00 per hour
- Domestic Assistance/Personal Care/Respite/Other Food services (level 3) $25.00 per hour
- Home Maintenance (level 1) $8.00 per hour
- Home Maintenance (level 2) $11.00 per hour
- Home Maintenance (level 3) $25.00 per hour
- Social Support $8.00 per hour
- Meals as per current purchase price
- Local Transport $8.00 per trip (one way or return)
- Bunbury Transport $30.00 per trip (one way or return)
and other surrounding towns for specialist appointments only
- Perth Transport $125.00 per trip (one way or return)(non HACC Service)
- Margaret River Transport Local $8.00
- Margaret River Transport Busselton $30.00
- Margaret River Transport Bunbury $35.00
- Margaret River Transport Perth $130.00
The following fees are charged by Bess home & community care Inc. (Bess Private Clients including clients on CACPs)
Local transport one way or a return trip (within a 10km radius of Busselton or Margaret River) $11.00 Transport – 10kms to 50kms one way or a return trip $20.00
Transport – 50kms to 100kms one way or a return trip $40.00
Transport to Perth from Busselton or Dunsborough $125.00
Transport to Perth from Margaret River $135.00
Penalty for not cancelling a service $10.00
Levels are determined by the Confidential Income Assessment
- Level 1 A Pension only or annual income of $0 to $46,105 (single)
$0 to $74,997 (couple combined)
- Level 2 Non pensioner, an annual income of $46,106 to $50,000 (single)
$74,998 to $80,000(couple combined)
- Level 3 An annual income of more than $50,001 (single)
$80,001 (couple combined)
- Level 1 $58.00 a week per person $232.00 per 4 weeks
- Level 2 $70.00 a week per person $280.00 per 4 weeks
- Level 3 $142.00 a week per person $568.00 per 4 weeks
Services for Which Fees Are Not Charged
Fees do not apply to: information, advocacy, assessment, review and social support, with the exception of shopping, due to transport costs.
Clients in Receipt of Other HACC Services
Where a client is in receipt of services from other HACC funded services and their total exceeds the fee cap, negotiations between the agencies will apply to determine what amount is received by each agency.
Collection of Fees
On most occasions of service, clients pay cash on delivery of service. The exception being, home delivered meals, where clients are issued with an account at the end of each fortnight or month based on the client’s choice.
Clients are required to have the money ready for the workers or for transport, the drivers. Under no circumstances are staff or volunteers allowed to remove money from purses or wallets to cover fees. If the client does not have the money ready or available, staff/ volunteers are required to inform the office who will follow up with the client to recover payment.
Arrangements can be made through the finance department to be invoiced for services, when the client is determined as being unable to manage their own finances.