Provide support and assistance to clients living independently in the community with activities relating to their social, transport, respite, home maintenance and nutritional requirements, thus ensuring that the client’s safety and personal well being needs are met.
Responsible to: The volunteer is directly responsible to the Executive Officer and is reportable and supervised by the appropriate Coordinator
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- When driving clients to medical appointments, shopping, social or recreational activities, be responsible for the welfare, comfort and safety of clients from their homes to their destination and return.
- To provide companionship and assist clients with social interaction either on a one to one basis or in a group. This may be in a person’s home or in a community environment.
- To provide general gardening and minor home maintenance support as recorded on the clients support plan
- To deliver daily meals in accordance with Bess home & community care meal delivery procedures
- To provide a respite service in line with the support plan and as directed by the coordinator enabling the carer to have a break
- To assist clients with planning, shopping for and preparing meals
- To provide these service in a caring and friendly manner
- Report any client concerns
- Adhere to the organisation’s Privacy and Confidentiality Policies and Procedures
- To ensure that a service roster is completed on a monthly basis if required.
- It is a requisite that you ensure that your vehicle is roadworthy and at all times comprehensively insured ( if you are required to use your private vehicle)
- A strong commitment to and/or experience working with the frail aged or younger people with disabilities.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Current drivers licence.
- Police clearance (BESS will acquire this with your consent)
- Be aware of your physical and emotional limitations
- Demonstrate support and commitment to the policies and procedures of the organisation.
Hours of Work:
- To be part of a team in a friendly supportive organisation
- Contributing to the wellbeing of clients by ensuring they are socially interactive, live safely and independently in the community
- The opportunity to participate in relevant training.